6VAC20-171-390. Advanced handgun training – required for the entry-level personal protection specialist who wishes to have firearms endorsement and optional for other armed registrants.
A. The entry level handgun training is a prerequisite for taking the advanced handgun training.
B. Advanced handgun classroom training.
- The advanced handgun training will include but not be limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Civil and criminal liability
- Concealed carry law and authority
- Function of firearms in close protection operations
- Deployment of firearms in close protection operations
- Use of force
- Principles of advanced marksmanship
- Decision-making for the personal protection specialist
Total hours (excluding written examination) – 14 hours